Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My little cutie

Here's Dallas she is a stinking cutie! She's no exhibiting her terrible 2's now that she doesn't have mom's complete attention. She is also a little tornado but a big helper too. Her speech therapy is paying off she is saying 2-3 word combo's and the words are becoming more clear. We've also contacted a sign language teacher to come teach us sign language so we can better understand her. Many of her words sound similar so if we can incorporate sign language into our daily conversations I think that would clear up a lot of the confusion and frustration. I definitely encourage the sign, it doesn't prevent her from talking or speaking like a lot of people think if anything it has helped her speak better. She used to exclusively sign milk and now she feels comfortable saying it and doesn't sign it anymore although we are trying to get her to sign and say milk at the same time.

She does love her little sister Charlotte. She asks to hold her and feed her and she gives her kisses and hug's so shows me all her body parts like her nose and eyes. I have to remind her not to poke her in the eye. She has some sort of morbid fascination with that. Then she goes to show me her teeth and looks bewildered and where are her teeth. I tell her I don't know where her teeth went and she seems satisfied with that. I'm so glad her little sister could be a part of learning the names of our body parts. She loves to help me change diapers we also say "ew" and "ca-ca" together. We breastfeed our babies and put them to bed together so we still get some bonding time.

                                               me and little Dallas.....not our finest picture

                                          she wanted to wear pink just like her little sister!

                                                                We love naked babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment