Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Eating Troubles

We've had our troubles of eating. I still give her baby food and formula (for the nutrition she's not getting from not eating.) She likes to take the easy way out and just take a bottle its a faster full and takes less work. I had to fight her and fight her to make her eat. She is the most stubborn little girl already. I had to either make her eat real food or she would go hungry. I refused to give her a bottle. She would eat three bites and wouldn't take anymore and then whine and throw a tantrum reaching for the bottles she could see. So once she wouldn't take anymore we'd go play until she started to cry again. I knew she was still hungry. So we did it again with the food. Three bites and then the whining. We did this for a few days and finally she began to accept the food. I also had to hide the bottles so they weren't in plain sight anymore. Now I just give her a bottle before I put her to sleep just to satiate her, and help plump her up. I have found she likes the very plain and bland tasting food. She likes the meat or food with meat in it, more so the chicken. It funny how picky she can be already. My sister suggested maybe she craves the protein because she needs it to build the muscles. I think its a very valid point and could be.

She's in early intervention. They suggested maybe either her teeth hurt and that could be why she didn't eat or indigestion. My theory was when I brushed her teeth she didn't fuss so I don't think her teeth were the cause and I would just give her a bottle whenever she was hungry instead of trying to feed her, it was quicker and easier. I've learned to the easy way is probably not the best way. She does love to eat off our  plates when I make dinner. I think it makes her feel more of a big girl to eat big people food, which could be a good thing.

At least I don't have to worry about her becoming obese. She won't eat if she's not hungry. I'm trying to learn from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment