Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fatigue

I went to a support group  about a week ago. It's a little group up in SLC where a woman hosts a group of people and brings in a person to talk about a particular subject that the group is interested in per se. This woman, Anne, is a friend of my step mother-in-law. After this meeting I went up to her and introduced myself and Dallas and we began to chat. She had inquired if I had visited any of the online chats, which I haven't, i've browsed a little here and there and just lurked but haven't participated. She says one of the main topics of some of these chats are fatigue and if I had experienced this myself. I've never really fully recognized what i've been experienced as fatigue. To me its been normal but i've noticed the older I get the worse it gets. Apparently there really isn't much to do about it but I figure i've been living with it this long i'm used to it and it's not that big of a deal. I wish that I could take like and hour long to two hour long nap during midday and i'd be set to go. Some Saturdays when it's just go-go-go i'll sleep when Dallas sleeps and the remainder of the day is better.

Now Dallas is so funny. I can totally tell it affects her. The day after her birthday we went to 7 peaks waterpark in Provo. We got there about 11 and she hadn't had a nap that morning. She was such a trooper she lasted about until 2:30-3. By then she could hardly hold her head up. I can tell she's exhausted when i get her out of the car and she's still asleep until i lay her in her bed. That day she was asleep from 3 until 7 when I woke her up to get her something to eat and make sure she was doing alright. She lasted about half an hour and went right back to sleep. She slept until 7 the next morning when i woke her up to get her ready and take her up to her papa's house so he could watch her for the day while i was at work. He wasn't very happy when I came to pick her up. They love to play all day and he said that she was up for a total of 2 hours the entire day. I couldn't help but laugh. I had no idea the previous day would wipe her out that bad. She had actually fallen asleep on the way up to his house which is about 20 minutes away anyway. The days I go up there she's usually awake just looking out the window talking and laughing to herself. I think the fact that's she's just so little it takes more energy to fuel her and twice as long to recharge her. My sister has a little boy who is 3mo. younger and she envies how much more Dallas sleeps than her little boy. I get 12-13 hours a night out of her and she's lucky to get 6-8 out of her little boy. In a way it is nice because it allows more husband-wife time but less Dallas time when my time with her is so short anyway with me working. I just hope someday I can be a full-time mom so I can work with her, get her on a routine and be there for her. I think that that would be really good for her and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment